The Justice Select Committee are currently consulting the public through oral submission hearings on the End of Life Choice Bill.
The Care Alliance and its members have made submissions to the Committee on the Bill. The written submission process closed on Tuesday 6 March at midnight and the Committee are now hearing oral submissions.
Read the submissions from the Care Alliance and its members below:
- Australian & New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine (ANZSPM) – EOLC Bill Submission
- Care Alliance – EOLC Bill Submission
- Christian Medical Fellowship – EOLC Bill Submission
- Family First NZ – EOLC Bill Submission
- Euthanasia-Free New Zealand – EOLC Bill Submission
- New Zealand Health Professionals Alliance (NZHPA) – EOLC Bill Submission
- Hospice New Zealand – EOLC Bill Submission
- Lutheran Church (Lutherans for Life) – EOLC Bill Submission
- Not Dead Yet Aotearoa (NDYA) – EOLC Bill Submission
- The Nathaniel Centre – EOLC Bill Submission
- Palliative Care Nurses New Zealand – EOLC Bill Submission
- The Salvation Army – EOLC Bill Submission
To view submissions from other organizations, click here.
Some standout submissions from other organizations.
- Every Life Research Unit – EOLC Bill Submission
- Elevate Christian Disability Trust
- Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand
- New Zealand Medical Association
- Pacific Child, Youth and Family Integrated Care Trust (PACYFIC Trust)
- Disabled Persons Assembly NZ
- Maxim Institute
- Disability Rights Commissioner – Human Rights Commission
Hearing Session Recordings
View live streams of the first two days of hearings.
Oral Hearing Day One Part 1.
List of submitters: Aotearoa New Zealand Association for Social Workers, New Zealand Health Professionals Alliance, Peter Brown, Humanist Society of New Zealand, Disabled Persons Assembly.
Oral Hearing Day One Part 2.
List of submitters: The Motor Neuron Disease Association of New Zealand, End of Life Choice Society, Gordon Coupland, The Centre for Science & Citizenship Trust, New Zealand Christian Network, Maxim Institute, Remote New Zealand Mission Project, Conservative Party of New Zealand, Disability Rights Commissioner.
Oral Hearing Day Two Part 1.
List of submitters: Anglican Church of Aotearoa New Zealand (recording missing), Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (Q+A session only), New Zealand Nurses Organisation, Grace Presbyterian Church of NZ, Not Dead Yet Aotearoa, The Nathaniel Centre, Palliative Care Nurses New Zealand, Hospice New Zealand, Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine, Care Alliance, Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand, New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference (recording missing).
Oral Hearing Day Two Part 2.
List of submitters: Christian Medical Fellowship, InterChurch Bioethics Council.
The Justice Select Committee
The Justice Select Committee is one of 12 subject select committees in the New Zealand Parliament. This committee looks at issues related to constitutional and electoral matters, human rights, justice, courts, crime and criminal law, police, corrections, and Crown legal services.
- Virginia Andersen (Labour)
- Chris Bishop (National)
- Mark Mitchell (National)
- Greg O’Connor (Labour)
- Priyanca Radhakrishnan (Labour)
- Nick Smith (National)
About the Committee process around the End of Life Choice Bill, the Chair has said: