With just two weeks left to make a submission to the Health Select Committee’s investigation of the factors that contribute to the desire to end one’s life, please consider the eight reasons to oppose assisted suicide:
- Legal safeguards cannot protect the vulnerable from euthanasia abuses.
- Euthanasia and assisted suicide are the ultimate tool for elder abuse.
- It sends a hypocritical message about suicide.
- The killing always increases.
- Diagnosis and prognosis can be mistaken.
- An easy death is not guaranteed.
- it compromises palliative care.
- Trust in doctors and nurses falls.
Click here for the full list and explanations.
Click here to learn how easy it is to make a submission.